A paint sprayer is an innovative tool for painting large and small surfaces. No matter whether you are a professional painter or someone who likes to do DIY project, buying one for your needs can be tricky. In this post, we will talk about the types of sprayers along with tips for choosing one.
Types of sprayers
- The conventional sprayers are also known as high-pressure sprayers, as these use highly compressed air for spraying the material. While these are pretty effective, there’s a lot of material wastage. Unless you are low on budget, this might not be the ideal choice for your needs.
- The next option is a High Volume Low Pressure sprayer. As the name suggests, these offer low pressure, and hence, the material or paint easily transfers to the required surface. These sprayers are great for professional use and can be used for precision work and painting individual products.
- The third and probably the most expensive but useful choice is an airless sprayer. Airless sprayers are great for covering large surfaces and come with a range of additional features, depending on the price. The paint jet can be adjusted for requirements and can be used with any material.
Things to check
- First things first, you need to check the horsepower of the engine, which determines the power of the engine. The more power means that more paint will get out of the nozzle, and you will get thicker paint coverage.
- When you choose a sprayer, there’s one thing you need to check – that’s ‘value for money’. Every model is different and comes with unique features. You can check review sites like Tool Nerds to get information on latest models, and the list of pros and cons can help you in making the right choice.
- The volume of the sprayer is decided by the GPM value. GPM stands for gallons per minute, which refers to the amount of paint that can be transferred from the container to the required surface in one minute. Products with higher GPM value translates to better coverage, which reduces the time required for the job.
If you check reviews and follow the guidelines given above, choosing a sprayer for your needs can be easier than ever. Besides expert reviews, you might want to check the reviews from other users for understanding the pros and cons better. Check online to get paint sprayers at great prices.
Author Bio: Tyler B. is a home improvement expert, with years of experience in the niche. He is also a passionate author and has worked with many portals in last five years.